We’re into the hottest part of the year. Here are the top things you can do to save money and make your air conditioning unit as efficient as possible.
As the summer heat cranks up, your air conditioning system may be under pressure to perform. According to the Department of Energy, we pitch in about 11 billion dollars a year to keep all those HVAC systems humming in hot weather.
Five ways to help save on your utility bills this summer:
- Clean your air filters monthly.Replacing a clogged or dirty filter can lower your energy use by 5-15%.
- Get a tune-up.Just like your car, your HVAC system needs regular maintenance. Tune-ups can catch larger, more expensive problems before they start and a professional technician can clean and inspect your cooling system to make sure it’s operating at peak performance.
- Consider a programmable thermostat.The latest models are easy to use and could help you save 10 percent a year on your cooling and heating.
- Ceiling fans can help cool you off and reduce the amount you use your AC. Just remember to turn off the fan when you leave the room. Ceiling fans cool people, not rooms. Also use bathroom fans and exhaust fans in the kitchen to help remove heat and humidity from your home.
- Seal your ducts.The Department of Energy says leaking ducts account for about 30% of your AC system’s energy use. New duct sealing products offered by professionals can help. You could also qualify for rebates offered for duct sealing.
Air Management guarantees to bring you and your family quality installation and courteous, friendly service that will exceed all of your needs. Call Air Management at 732-819-0008 today!