Cold weather is right around the corner, and that means one thing: it’s time for your furnace to kick it into overdrive. If you haven’t checked your system since spring, it’s time to get your furnace ready for upcoming weather changes. An inefficient furnace can leave you with cold spots and a high energy bill, so be sure to prepare your furnace for fall and winter with these easy tips.
- Schedule a pre-season system checkup. A professional check up by Air Management is the best way to ensure your home heating system is ready for fall & winter.
- Change your air filter. Many of the heating system tune-ups we perform include the relatively simple step of changing the heating system’s air filter. A dirty filter can force your system to work harder, and could even cause a system shutdown requiring and emergency service call.
- Clear outside exhaust vents and chimneys. While the weather is still favorable you should make sure chimneys and vents are not blocked.
- Lower your thermostat. Turning the room temperature down just a couple of degrees during cold weather can provide a little relief of the pressure on your heating system. If you have a multiple zone system, turn down the thermostats in rooms that are seldom used.
- Close vents in unused rooms. Many heating systems include vents in areas like attics, basements and crawl spaces that are seldom used. Closing these vents will help keep warm air circulating where you need it most. Just be sure to keep heating vents open in areas where exposed pipes are located, to help prevent freezing.
Contact Air Management Today to schedule an appointment!
Air Management guarantees to bring you and your family quality installation and courteous, friendly service that will exceed all of your needs. Call Air Management at 732-819-0008 today!