If you use a gas furnace or heat pump to heat your home, view our maintenance checklist to get ready for the season!
- Check the vents for blockages
- Ensure heat exchanger is in good condition
- Clean and inspect blower and its motor
- Tighten or replace faulty electrical connections or wiring
- Inspect burners and sensors
- Be sure belts are in good condition and replace if needed
- Ensure proper thermostat operation
- Oil and lubricate all moving components
- Replace air filter if needed
- Ensure all safety controls are working
- Inspect natural gas fuel lines for leaks
- Be sure carbon monoxide detectors are operating
Heat Pump Maintenance Checklist
If you are using a heat pump to heat your home in the winter, the US Department of Energy recommends that the following maintenance items are completed. Regular maintenance can reduce your energy consumption this winter by between 10 and 25 percent.
- Clean or change air filters monthly
- Remove plant growth and clutter from around outside components
- Ensure that registers inside the home are clean and fins are straight
- Inspect blower and blower motor for proper operation
- Check ducts for leaks and damage and seal if needed
- Ensure coils are clean and in good working order
- Check for refrigerant levels and leaks
- Inspect electrical connections, tighten if needed
- Lubricate moving parts like motors
- Check belts and wear levels
Schedule your fall maintenance appointment. Contact Air Management today to schedule an appointment!
Air Management guarantees to bring you and your family quality installation and courteous, friendly service that will exceed all of your needs. Call Air Management at 732-819-0008 today!